Administrative Manager/Clerk of the Board
$79,902 - $107,459 Annually
Closes: January 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
The King County Flood Control District is seeking to fill an Administrative Manager/Clerk of the Board position. This is a full-time, overtime exempt, at-will position. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Under the current Covid-19 directives, almost all operations are conducted remotely.
The Administrative Manager/Clerk of the Board position contributes to the King County Flood
Control District by performing a variety of clerk and administrative support functions. The incumbent will have the opportunity to showcase their ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, apply excellent time management skills, demonstrate well-developed organizational skills, pay attention to detail, utilize great verbal and written communication skills, and employ professional discretion in an environment dedicated to serving the public’s needs.
This position is open to all qualified candidates. King County is supporting this recruitment in collaboration with the King County Flood Control District. For a complete job announcement please go to the King County careers page at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty
To ensure that your application is received and properly processed,
the subject line of your email must be Application – Administrative Manager Clerk of the Board.
Interested candidates should apply immediately by sending a comprehensive resume, and a compelling cover letter of interest to: KCCOUNCILHR@kingcounty.gov
To be considered, applications must include:
• A letter of interest detailing your qualifications and experience for this position including:
1. Whether you are:
a) Valid Notary Public certification
b) Washington State Public Records Officer certification
c) Municipal Clerk Certification
2. Describe your experience, using specific examples, working on assigned tasks with minimal guidance and with multiple and complex competing priorities. Describe how you independently and efficiently organize and prioritize assignments and tasks, meet deadlines, and exercise adaptability to changing priorities while maintaining a positive and professional approach.
3. Describe your experience providing clerical support to a board or elected officials? If yes, please describe. (Please limit your response to 250 words or fewer.)
4. Do you have experience working in a legislative, or public sector environment? If yes, please describe. (Please limit your response to 250 words or fewer.)
• A comprehensive resume with a chronological history of your related experience.