top of page

Sports

Good Shepherd House84 units of Supportive Housing in the Central Area

The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) thanks the trustees, clergy and congregation of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd for their partnership in the development of Good Shepherd House. This new apartment building is constructed on church-owned property at 1415 22nd Ave. in Seattle.

 

The seven-story, 86-unit building has 84 studio apartments providing permanent supportive housing for formerly homeless people, a live-in staff unit, and a three-bedroom apartment with a separate entrance occupied by the church.  The building features two elevators, a community room, a rooftop deck, laundry, bike parking, and case management offices. Residents will be moving in during June and July.

 

LIHI and Good Shepherd have a long history working together. The development site for this project was the location of Seattle’s first ever tiny house village which opened in 2015.

 

Pastor Nate Whittaker said, "From the beginning, the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd has been dedicated to following Jesus to reach out in love to our community. Through our Pastor Steve Olsen, we began using our parsonage to help the unhoused in the community. That work grew into welcoming the tent city of Nickelsville and the Tiny Homes of LIHI. Now, through the tireless work of Steve Tucker, Sharon Lee and LIHI, and the many folks from Walsh Construction, we welcome the next step of what our God is doing in this community. We will continue to follow our Lord and serve our community with love. We have come this far by faith and cannot wait to see what the next 100 years brings all of us!"

 


Congregation of Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd during groundbreaking ceremony

 

 

Comments


News

bottom of page