THIS INFLATION BUSTER ARTICLE has been popular and readers are asking for a reprint. Here it is with updated information. The FACTS is uploading it to the FACTS website at https://www.thefactsnewspaper.com/ Listed at the top right, select weekly columns then Seniors Older and Wiser.
* COMMUNITY LIVING CONNECTIONS: Call toll free 1-844-348-5464
First you should know about Community Living Connections. This is a confidential and free senior’s hotline. They will direct you to the program you need whether its transportation, suitable housing, food or long-term care.
1. FREE LEGAL: Telephone 888-387-7111 — Northwest Justice Project’s free legal help and assistance for persons over 60 years of age of all income levels. Seniors can call the CLEARSenior Line starting at 9:15 am and leave a message. The line will close for the day once the voicemail message system is full. There are no income restrictions.
2. PRESCRIPTION DISCOUNT CARD: Call toll free 1-877-321-2651 Available at no cost to county residents, the King County Prescription Discount Card Program can save an average of 24% off the price of all commonly prescribed medications.
3. PAY PER MILE AUTO INSURANCE: Telephone 1-888-242-5204 With Metromile, your rate is based on your actual driving habits. Customers save 47% on average compared to what they were paying their previous auto insurer. As an example, my insurance is $35 per month with Metromile, it was $131 per month.
4. UTILITIES BILL DISCOUNT PROGRAM: Telephone (206) 684-0268 If your household income is at or below 70% of the state median income, the program helps you get current and stay current on utility payments by offering a discount of about 60% on your Seattle City Light bill and a 50% discount on your Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) bill.
5. WAVE LOW-COST INTERNET: Telephone (206) 684-8498 Get unlimited high-speed internet for $9.95/month plus tax. Free installation and in-home Wi-Fi. No credit checks, contracts or equipment rental fees required. Refurbished laptops available for purchase. This program is called the Wave Simply Program.
6. INTERNET ESSENTIALS FROM COMCAST: Telephone 855 846-8376 Get high-speed internet for $9.95/month plus tax. Free installation and in-home Wi-Fi. No credit checks, contracts or equipment rental fees required. Refurbished laptops available for purchase.
7. DISCOUNT PET CARE: Call 1-(888) 234-1350 The mission of Good Neighbor Vet is the best possible basic pet healthcare at an affordable price. The mobile vet travels to local neighborhoods. Call for a schedule of pet vaccination and pet clinic hours and locations.
8. LOW-COST CELLPHONE SERVICE FOR SENIORS: Telephone 1-888-696-3265 With Consumer Cellular, seniors get talk, text and data starting at $20/month with the same nationwide coverage as the major carriers.
Remember, you read it in The FACTS