COMPLETE YOUR BOOK BINGO CARD WITH NEW PEAK PICK TITLES IN AUGUST AT THE SEATTLE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Discover pocket parks, beautiful boulevards, and great public gardens while learning offbeat facts that will make you see the Emerald City in a whole new way.
Need to fill in a few more squares for Book Bingo, The Seattle Public Library’s
summer reading program for adults?
The new titles in The Seattle Public Library’s Peak Picks collection can help! This month, eight new books will be added to the popular Peak Picks program, a collection of recently published, in-demand titles that can be checked out with no holds and no wait.
Below are the new titles for Peak Picks in August, and we’ve included some suggested Book Bingo squares you can mark off after reading. Be sure to submit your Book Bingo card by Sept. 7 to be entered to win fabulous prizes! (See details below.)
· "Velvet Was the Night," noir from Silvia Moreno-Garcia
o Romance square
· "My Heart is a Chainsaw," new horror from Stephen Graham Jones
o Made You Laugh square
· "Afterparties," posthumously published short stories from Anthony Veasna So
o Asian American or Pacific Islander Author square
· "A Slow Fire Burning", a thriller from Paula Hawkins, author of the blockbuster "Girl on the Train"
o Mystery or Crime square
· "Never Say You Can't Survive," a writing guide from sci fi author Charlie Jane Anders
o Poetry or Essays square
· "Not a Nation of Immigrants," a fiery reckoning of American history from Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
o Activism or Social Justice square
· "The Weekday Vegetarians," a vegetarian cookbook by Jenny Rosenstratch
o Recommended by Library Staff / Peak Picks square
· "Secret Seattle," the latest from Susanna Ryan and the Seattle Walk Report
o Small Press square
There are 59 Peak Picks titles available – you can view them all in the Peak Picks Current Titles Book List.
Peak Picks selection varies by location, so stop by a Library location in person to see what is available today. New titles are added often, so if the book you want is not available, you will probably find another great read at the Peak Picks display. Patrons cannot place holds on these popular titles; they are first-come, first-served, and can be checked out for two weeks at a time.
2021 ADULT BOOK BINGO
Every summer we partner with Seattle Arts & Lectures (SAL) to create a Summer Book Bingo card for adults. If you achieve bingo or blackout, you will be entered to win fabulous prizes!
Download your card in English at www.spl.org/BookBingo or in Spanish at www.spl.org/BingodeLibros. Entries must be received by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021. Drop a Book Bingo card at any open branch of The Seattle Public Library, email firstname.lastname@example.org a photo of the card, or post a picture of your bingo card with the hashtag #BookBingoNW2021 to one of the Library’s or Seattle Arts & Lectures social media channels:
· Facebook @SeattlePublicLibrary
· Twitter @SPLBuzz, @SeaArtsLectures
· Instagram @SeattlePublicLibrary, @seattleartsandlectures