DANCE, PAINT AND WRITE: THE SEATTLE PUBLIC LIBRARY OFFERS VIRTUAL ARTS PROGRAMS FOR OLDER ADULTS IN JULY
Want to learn to paint, write poetry or dance Bollywood–style? This summer, The Seattle Public Library and Silver Kite Community Arts have partnered to offer online intergenerational workshops, talks, social hours, and performances for the community. These virtual opportunities, which the Library and Silver Kite have offered since the spring of 2020, provide opportunities for stimulating and creative engagement and social connection. Each program is free, and family is welcome to attend.
“Older adults are facing unprecedented challenges during the COVID–19 pandemic,” said Nancy Slote, Older Adults Program Manager. “We are working with community partners to offer fun programs that help them connect and learn, as well as other programs to help older adults navigate important decisions.”
VIRTUAL ARTS FOR 50+ SCHEDULE
Visit the Library’s calendar at spl.org/fiftyplus to find and register for these upcoming events:
· Hip-Hop Dance – 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday, July 16
· Beginning Watercolors – 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 17
· Memoir Writing – 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 19
· Time Travel to the 80s – 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday, July 23
· Sip and Paint Acrylics – 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 24
· Dementia-Friendly Dance – 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 26
· Indian Cooking – 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday, July 30
· Drawing with Colored Pencils – 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 31
The Library brings people, information and ideas together to enrich lives and build community. We support universal access to information and ideas, and form strong partnerships with community organizations to offer classes and workshops that are accessible to all.
Contact the Library’s Ask Us service by phone at 206-386-4636 or by email or chat at www.spl.org/Ask. Staff are ready to answer questions and direct you to helpful resources and information.